Local Chapter Grant Program
A new local grant program for 2017-18, funded by the Nebraska FFA Foundation, for Nebraska agricultural education programs will provide funding for local agriculture classrooms, FFA programs and Supervised Agricultural Experience (SAE) programs (school based enterprises or individual SAE) which have a clearly defined and described financial need. Grant request may be any amount up to $5,000. The grant application period will be open from April 21-June 30. Selections will be announced in July. Grants will be awarded in August. All work on grant will occur during the school year and a grant project status summary must be provided to the Nebraska FFA Foundation by May 15th.
All grant requests must have a 1:1 match through one or more of the following:
- school district (ag classroom grant only)
- local foundation (any grant)
- local alumni program (any grant)
- local donors and sponsors through the 2017-18 I Believe in the Future of Ag Campaign (any grant)
- National FFA SAE Grant (school based enterprise and student SAE grant only)
Any in-kind contributions of time, expertise and resources will not be included as part of the match requirement. All planned matches must be clearly documented in the application below. Documentation will be required to show proof of match. Nebraska FFA Foundation will work with recipients to meet this requirement.